> > Is this a fundamental problem in Ant or is there some work-around?
>
> It is not a "fundamental problem in Ant" as much as a design
> choice some made
> when they originally wrote the java task. You could argue that it was the
> wrong choice but thats a different thing.

I didn't mean to slight the Ant developers (I love the thing). I should have said a
fundamental limitation, mean something designed in.

> A solution for you may
> be to modify
> java task and then taskdef it like

Do you mean write a custom task that extends the java task?

I'll add it to my todo list and post the code if/when it gets done,

Kevin Jones
Developmentor
www.develop.com

 A solution for you may