Hi,

I am attempting to run various non - dependant target's in parallel in my
script using the parallel task. I get the error below, optional.jar is not
the problem.

I have a feeling I may be confusing tasks with targets, the documentation
states:
"Parallel is a container task - it can contain other Ant tasks. Each nested
task within the parallel task will be executed in its own thread. "
- whereas I need to run target's not tasks in parallel.

Could someone shed some light on my (mis)understanding please?

Thanks.

<target name="update_and_compile">
 <parallel>
   <compile_java/>
   <sequential>
     <update_webdocs/>
     <update_rs/>
     <update_smethods/>
   </sequential>
 </parallel>
</target>

Could not create task of type: compile_java. Common solutions are to use
taskdef to declare your task,
 optional task, to put the optional.jar in the lib directory of your ant
installation (ANT_HOME).
Could not create task of type: update_webdocs. Common solutions are to use
taskdef to declare your tas
an optional task, to put the optional.jar in the lib directory of your ant
installation (ANT_HOME).