----- Original Message -----
From: "Sundberg Jukka" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Thursday, December 13, 2001 1:26 PM
Subject: compiler feature

> Running a following target causes ant to create two instances of the java
> class:

This is probably caused by the AntClassLoader:

--- cut ---
    /**
     * Force initialization of a class in a JDK 1.1 compatible, albeit hacky
     * way
     */
    public static void initializeClass(Class theClass) {
        // ***HACK*** We try to create an instance to force the VM to run
the
        // class' static initializer. We don't care if the instance can't
        // be created - we are just interested in the side effect.
        try {
            theClass.newInstance();
        }
        catch (Throwable t) {