On 25 Jan, Erik Hatcher wrote:
> No, Ant has no such option.  This would be difficult given Ant's
> differences with make - make handles the dependency checking itself,
> whereas Ant's tasks handle it.
>
> What exactly do you want to "verify" about a new task?

That I've written it correctly and that the operations that will take place
are really those I expect. It's more to verify that I'm correct rather than
that ant is correct. This is more important to me when I'm writing a
destructive task (a task that can change data in a database, that deletes or
renames files, stuff like that).

For example, I've had at least one instance where my .ant.properties file
contained the incorrect schema for a test I was doing and I modified the
wrond data. It wasn't a critical error but it coulda been.

Laurent Duperval <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

"I realized that the purpose of writing is to inflate ideas, obscure poor
reasoning, and inhibit clarity."
                                    -Calvin