From: Bill Pfeiffer [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, February 04, 2002 4:20 PM
To: Ant Users List
Subject: Re: vssget appears to work but task fails

My source (which uses props to hide userid and password, etc):

 <target name="PROD_LATEST">
  <vssget localPath="${basedir}"
   recursive="true"
   login="${srcsafe.userid},${srcsafe.password}"
   vsspath="/espeed/j2ee/espeed-web"
   writable="false"
   ssdir="${srcsafe.dir}"/>
 </target>

I've tried debug which shows the source safe command line, but this appears
ok and like I said, it gets the files, no problem.  It just fails the task
at the end.  I assume it's returning an error level but there is no
indication why.

Here's the actual vss command line:

"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VSS\win32\ss" Get
$/espeed/j2ee/espeed-web -GLC:\Work\AF\Esp_Prod -I- -R -Yuserid,password

Here's the error that ant puts out:

C:\Work\AF\Esp_Prod\build.xml:710: Failed executing: "C:\Program
Files\Microsoft
 Visual Studio\VSS\win32\ss" Get
$/espeed/j2ee/espeed-web -GLC:\Work\AF\Esp_Prod
 -I- -R -Yuserid,password
        at
org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.optional.vss.MSVSSGET.execute(MSVSSGET.
java:185)
        at org.apache.tools.ant.Target.performTasks(Target.java:202)
        at org.apache.tools.ant.Project.executeTarget(Project.java:601)
        at org.apache.tools.ant.Project.executeTargets(Project.java:560)
        at org.apache.tools.ant.Main.start(Main.java:153)

Not much to go on, is it?

Thanks for any help,

Bill Pfeiffer