On Mon, 4 Feb 2002, Stephen Huey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> With the include attribute on javac, we've sometimes
> tried to tell it to specifically include the
> uiTenantFrame.java in hopes that it would then go and
> try to compile only those files that the project
> depended on.

It will do so if the source for the file you name is newer than the
compiled class - as it will always only pass the file names of sources
that are newer than the corresponding class files to javac.

If the compiler you use is smart enough to recompile all classes that
have to be recompiled if you hand it a single source, your approach
may work, but you are trying to use <javac> in a way that it hasn't
been designed for.

Stefan