Hi,

Yes, well rebooting is a bit drastic. I found that if you simple wait like
an hour or so leaving the directory alone then all of a sudden you can d
elete it.

> BTW, after Ant attempts to delete the directory, the dir
> appears stuck
> in some strange limbo state.  It will show up in the explorer, but I
> can't even select it without getting the error.  IIRC, I was
> not able to
> see it from a command prompt.

Sound exactly like the problem I am having.

> I've not been able to reproduce this
> today, but I'll let you know if I can get any more details.

Yes, well I can give you some more details. It is guarenteed to happen if
you call ant quickly several times after eachother.
Also I suspect that ant is doing things to fast and that is why windows
2000 locks the directory. Perhaps if we would have ant wait for 2 seconds
before deleting the dir windows 2000 would not lock it.

Anyway which service Pack are you running with on windows 2000? Perhaps a
new servicepack fixes this windows 2000 feature.

Does anybody got any idea how to prevent windows 2000 from locking
directories?.

Greetings,

Martin van Wieringen