Hi,
I invoked java task (weblogic.ejbc). Provided a jar file as input and was
expecting a jar file as output. On one win2k machine, it worked fine, the
process took 22 secs. Repeated the same on another win2k. "weblogic.ejbc"
was doing most of its processing within almost 22 secs. But then building
the output to jar (which is internal to weblogic.ejbc) took a lot of time,
and the whole process took around 4 minutes. (Sometimes more, I lost my
patience and used to exit)
So I specified a directory as output instead of a jar and zipped the output
to a jar. This whole process took 24 secs.

So can anyone please tell me whats happening, i.e., why weblogic.ejbc was
takin so much time in putting stuff into a jar. Now I ran the same thing
outside ant, weblogic.ejbc didnt have any problems in compiling or building
the jar (took ~21secs).

Yeah, I have tried "ejbjar" task, but lengthy manifest entries (longer than
72 bytes) forced me to look for an alternative.

Thanks,
Suresh