On Wed, 13 Feb 2002, Mark Derricutt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> As part of my qa release target, I'm using <cvs/> to tag my source
> code with the timestamp, only, if various files are modified in the
> source base, cvs will fail to tag and exit, is it possible to get
> ant to recognise this failure and abort the build process?

<cvs> has a failonerror attribute (since Ant 1.4) that should be used
for this.

> Looking at the online ant manual, I see:
>
>     error  the file to direct standard error from the command.  No,
>     default error to ANT Log as MSG_WARN
>
> Is it possible to get it to do errors ans MSG_ERROR (I'm guessing
> this constant?).

MSG_WARN and MSG_ERROR are constants that get interpreted by the build
listeners, nothing more.  With Ant's default logger, you won't see any
output with a priority lower than MSG_WARN, when you use the -quiet
switch.  But there is nothing that divides WARN from ERROR.

How would a change like this solve your problem?

Stefan