From:   Blaine Kendall [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent:   Thursday, February 14, 2002 3:16 PM
To:     Blaine Kendall; Ant Users List
Subject:        Re: Calling Ant from Java: An example please ?

I ended up solving my problem. Hopefully this will help others as well.

I added  <property environment="env" /> into my build.xml and then I added
another line pass that environment variable into my target. (I had to pass
in my Path since it could never find vb6.program.dir if it couldn't access
the system path). Also, note that there is a difference between "Path" and
"PATH"

 <target name="build">
  <echo message="Building file" />
  <exec dir="${vb6.program.dir}" executable="vb6.exe" failonerror="yes">
   <env key="Path" value="${env.Path}"/>
   <arg line="/m ${src.dir}\HelloWorld.vbp /outdir ${build.dir}"/>
  </exec>
 </target>

try to harness your properties like this.

I couldn't figure out how to grab the classpath. If anyone can figure that
one out, let me know.

Thanks. Blaine.