I've tried running under a specific account, and shuddered, but it
didn't make a difference. Path still doesn't get picked up.

Is there a way to specifically check LOCALSYSTEM's (what services
usually run under) environment variables? Path is set up as a System
variable in Control Panel > System > Advanced > Environment variables.

Thanks,
Kevin