On Mon, 25 Feb 2002, Tom Lister <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I notice that files are losing the 'read-only' property in the
> process Is there a way to copy and preserve the file properties

No.

Java provides no API to query the permissions of a file (except for
File.canRead and File.canWrite which may return false for several
reasons) - therefore Ant doesn't know them and couldn't restore them,
even if Java provided an API to set the permissions.

> I want to avoid using chmod as the target directories will contain a
> mix of libary source and work in progress

Bad luck - better put together some smart patterns then.

Stefan