From: Gareth Thorburn [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, March 06, 2002 12:00 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: How obtain the number of files in a fileset ?

Hi,

I'ld quite like to have a target which simply produces a count of the
number of .java files in my project.

Ideally, this would be a simple 'count' task which takes a
fileset,patternset
or something similar to the javac task and then sets a property value to the
result. I'ld like then to be able to echo out some text displaying this
value.

The echo requirement is because I have a large build involving many
subprojects
and generally run ant with the -quiet option, to provide neater more compact
output.

I've seen previous posts which have found a solution using OS specific
calls but I'm not going to go down that route.

Any ideas ?

Gareth

e-mail is strictly forbidden.