On Tuesday 02 April 2002 02:57 am, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>       [cvs] protocol error: `../source/src/oneOfMyFolders' has
> too many ..
>
> It is complaining the '..' - the protocol error. I did not change that else
> my ant would not be pointing to the right folder. How can I solve this
> problem?

The <cvs> task uses the standard cvs command-line client to do it's
work, so it also has the same limitations as that tool. Cvs itself won't
allow relative paths with ../ in an update command. Try it out on any cvs
tree you've got laying around:

stephan@cheyenne:~/cvs/qub/lib> cvs up ../Makefile.am
protocol error: `..' has too many ..

Absolute paths will apparently also fail:

stephan@cheyenne:~/cvs/qub> export foo=$PWD
stephan@cheyenne:~/cvs/qub> cd -
/home/stephan/cvs/qub/lib
stephan@cheyenne:~/cvs/qub/lib> cvs up $foo/Makefile.am
absolute pathname `/home/stephan/cvs/qub' illegal for server
stephan@cheyenne:~/cvs/qub/lib> cd ..
stephan@cheyenne:~/cvs/qub> cvs up $foo/Makefile.am
absolute pathname `/home/stephan/cvs/qub' illegal for server
stephan@cheyenne:~/cvs/qub> echo $foo
/home/stephan/cvs/qub

----- stephan
Generic Unix Computer Guy
[EMAIL PROTECTED] - http://www.einsurance.de
Office: +49 (89)  552 92 862 Handy:  +49 (179) 211 97 67
"...control is a degree of inhibition, and a system which is perfectly
inhibited is completely frozen." -- Alan W. Watts