Oh I know this IDEA pattern. Same happened in my company after people saw me
using IDEA. :)

If you are already a IDEA user, I suggest you to get your hands on the
Ariadna version currently under dev., it's a wonderful one and there are
some brilliant things to make your coding life even better.

http://www.intellij.com/eap/

Stephane