Assuming I ever do get something like this to work ...

<target name="init-platform">
   <condition property="platform" value="linux">
      <os name="Linux" />
   </condition>

   <condition property="platform" value="macosx">
      <os name="Mac OS X" />
   </condition>

   <property file="${platform}.properties"/>
</target>

Should the scope of a property be seen from the target that depended on the first
target w/ the imported file w/ props? (because the property isn't resolving)

<target name="init" depends="init-platform">
    <!-- in other words, is the property only seen in the target above, or should it
reach here too?-->
   <property name="my.dest"        value="${prop.from.platform.file}"/>
</target>

TIA,