Hi,
   Is this not available in 1.4.1As much as I would have liked to do it, I
am constrained by compatibility issues across the company to move to 1.5.
Does that change the solution ? However I can do a taskdef and include the
class file from the 1.5 ant.jar/optional.jar files.

Speaking more specifically
(I am more concerned about the condition ...I mean how do I check for this
condition ...? search for process id  ? or wait for an exit status ? If so ,
on which event or variable ?)Please correct me if I sound stupid, 3  or off
on a tangent ...

<condition>
             ...  wait for the http server to come up -
 the 1.5 syntax
</condition>

BY the way , thanks a lot for the critical input.
Regards,
Viraj Purang