Hi,

A (deceptively) simple question:

I have some properties defining jar locations:

<property name="jaxp.jar" value="${lib.repo}/xmlParserAPIs-2.0.0.jar"/>
<property name="xerces.jar" value="${lib.repo}/xercesImpl-2.0.0.jar"/>
<property name="xalan.jar" value="${lib.repo}/xalan-2.1.0.jar"/>

Now I wish to copy those to a WEB-INF/lib directory. Can it be done in
one <copy> command?

I don't think so, because Copy takes a FileSet, and a FileSet wants a
base directory.

If so, could <copy> be extended to take Paths, as well as FileSets? Or
could the "dir" attribute of FileLists be made non-mandatory, and then
<copy> be made to accept FileLists?

Basically, the assumption that a FileSet and FileList have always got a
base directory ("dir" attribute) seems arbitrary and often wrong. It
means I can't do completely sensible things, like add absolute paths to
a fileset, or paths that ../ below the base directory.

Did Conor's polymorphic types get into Ant 1.5? Perhaps the Copy task
could be made to play with AbstractFileSets instead of FileSets?

Thanks,

--Jeff