Here is my snippet of code, not very refined and I have been logging to
debug as I go.  Let me know if there is more needed but this is the looping
being executed.

        for(x = 0; x < ptypes.length; x++){

basedir=InitRetrieval.getProperty("basedir");
                        outval[x]=("retrieval" + x + ".xml");
                        outvalfile=(basedir + "/" + outval[x]);
                        var outfile= new File(outvalfile);
                        inval =("OW" + ptypes[x] + "_Paths.xml");
                        invalfile=(basedir + "/" + inval);
                        var infile = new File(invalfile);
                                pstyle = InitRetrieval.createTask("style");

                                pstyle.setStyle("retrieval.xsl");
                                pstyle.setExtension(".xml");
                                pstyle.setProcessor("xalan");
                                pstyle.setIn(infile);
                                pstyle.setOut(outfile);
                                pstyle.setForce(true);
                                pstyleparm=pstyle.createParam();
                                pstyleparm.setName("platform");
InitRetrieval.log(pstyleparm.getName());
InitRetrieval.log(pstyle.params.size());

pstyleparm.setExpression(InitRetrieval.getProperty("jde.osrunning"));
                                check = pstyle.params.firstElement();
InitRetrieval.log(check.getName());
InitRetrieval.log(check.getExpression());
InitRetrieval.log("Done Param.setExpression");

                                pstyle.execute();
                                        }

Here is the xml that does work....

        <target name="createServer" if="jde.serverside">
                                extension=".xml"
                                style="retrieval.xsl"
                                in="OWSystem_Paths.xml"
                                out="retrieval.xml"
                                processor="xalan">
                <param name="platform" expression="'${jde.osrunning}'"/>
         <available file="./retrieval.xml" property="retrieve.file.exists"/>
         <antcall target="doRetrieval">
            <param name="retrievefile" value="retrieval.xml"/>
         </antcall>
        </target>

Mike B.