Dear All,
     I am currently working on deploy a J2EE application using ant. Since I am using
CMP of entity bean, I need to first generate SQL statements, and then deploy, so I
write some xml statements in build.xml like this :
    <target name="deploy" depends="setup">

        <exec executable="${env.J2EE_HOME}/bin/deploytool" vmlauncher="false">
            <arg value="-generateSQL" />
            <arg value="${build.ear}/${appname}.ear" />
            <arg value="localhost" />
            <arg value="-noOverWrite" />
    </exec>

    <exec executable="${env.J2EE_HOME}/bin/deploytool" vmlauncher="false">
            <arg value="-deploy" />
            <arg value="${build.ear}/${appname}.ear" />
            <arg value="localhost" />
            <arg value="${build.ear}/cmpClient.jar" />
    </exec>
    </target>

Well, first question is I am not quite sure if I sit on the correct track, if the
above code will work or not, second question is I run this build.xml using ant, and
when I went to the deploy target, it came out an exception like this :
deploy:
     [exec] java.io.IOException: Incorrect Manifest format
     [exec]     at
com.sun.enterprise.deployment.ApplicationClientArchivist.getMainClassNameFrom(ApplicationClientArchivist.java:337)
     [exec]     at
com.sun.enterprise.deployment.ApplicationClientArchivist.open(ApplicationClientArchivist.java:303)
     [exec]     at
com.sun.enterprise.deployment.ApplicationClientArchivist.open(ApplicationClientArchivist.java:251)
     [exec]     at
com.sun.enterprise.deployment.ApplicationArchivist.open(ApplicationArchivist.java:447)
     [exec]     at
com.sun.enterprise.deployment.ApplicationArchivist.open(ApplicationArchivist.java:344)
     [exec]     at
com.sun.enterprise.tools.deployment.main.DeployTool.doGenerateSQL(DeployTool.java:250)
     [exec]     at com.sun.enterprise.tools.deployment.main.Main.main(Main.java:239)
     [exec] Result: 2
     [exec] Deploy the application in
/home/nj138463/j2ee-test/src/test/src/com/sun/ejte/build/cmp20App.ear on the server
localhost saving the client jar as
/home/nj138463/j2ee-test/src/test/src/com/sun/ejte/build/cmpClient.jar
     [exec] Sender object Deploy Tool : Deploy cmp20App on localhost
     [exec] Remote message: Contacted Server....
     [exec] Remote message: Application cmp20App transferred.
     [exec] Sender object Deploytool (Main) : RemoteException occurred in server
thread; nested exception is:
     [exec]     java.rmi.RemoteException: Error saving/opening
     [exec] Result: 1

This situation really gave me a hard time during recent days. Please help me on it in
any case if you have any idea of it. Thanks a lot in advance.

Best

Sincerely,
Nan