----- Original Message -----
From: "Hertel, Oliver" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> first tip worked for javac, thanks, but now the same happens in the
javadoc
> subprocess. I tried with export ANT_OPTS=-Xmx512m buth it seems the value
of
> memory here doesn't matter at all (tried with -Xmx1024m too).
>
>   [javadoc] javadoc: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Please increase memory.
>   [javadoc] 1 error
>   [javadoc] For example, on the Sun Classic or HotSpot VMs, add the option
> -J-Xmx
>   [javadoc] such as -J-Xmx32m.

Okay, the problem here is that Javadoc is executed a separate process but
the memory option is not passed onto it because Ant dosn't know what memory
options you used (they're used by the JVM and the Java app, Ant, never sees
them).

If you look at the Javadoc task doc page in the Ant manual, you'll see a
'maxmemory' attribute which you can use to specify the amount of memory.

Ciao,
GOrdon