I forgot to add that I'm using the jasper JARs from Tomcat 4.0.3.  I've
tried the ones from 4.0.1 too with same results.

-----Original Message-----
From: Jerome Jacobsen [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, June 14, 2002 5:39 PM
To: Ant User
Subject: JspC memory leak or memory hog?

I run JspC target for 82 JSPs in one directory.  Before running I open my
Task Manager and my memory usage is at 80 MB.  Once I run ant my memory
usage quickly creeps up to 250 MB by the time it finishes (after about 3
minutes)!!!  Also tried this with the -classic JVM and get same behavior,
although it takes longer to do all 82 JSPs.

Environment:
Win2K
Ant 1.5beta2
JDK 1.3.1 -hotspot