Good thing you mentioned our import tag here, maybe we can get more
suggestions :-)

Dominique Devienne wrote:

> I personally think that <import> as implemented is not that clean, because
> of the fact that current Ant uses SAX to build the project file instead of
> DOM. Using the DOM (or jdom, or whatever), if would be trivial to implement
> <import>, and make it even more powerful by use XPATH-like query strings to
> import selective part, modify attributes/properties of the pieces imported,
> with features similar to xslt. But that's too big a programming challenge
> for me. More than you wanted to know I'm sure... ;-)

The fact that it uses SAX is not a downside, because you can do xpath
queries to SAX streams too.

I understand that in what you say there is a very interesting
suggestion, and I would like to help do it.

Could you please post an example here?

Also, users, what would you like to see in an <import> top-level tag?

             - verba volant, scripta manent -