Very nice work - It is very helpful to be able to generate an at-a-glance
view of the build process.

One thing I would wish for is to have the depends come out in the same
order as they are listed in the target. For example, the depends in this target

<!-- ==================================================================== -->
<target name="libs"
depends="build.date,compile,prep_app,jsp_transfer,buildnum">
   <jar jarfile="${em.app}/expensemap-web.war" basedir="${em.warstage}"
     manifest="${em.warstage}/META-INF/Manifest.mf">
   </jar>
</target>

are listed in this order (top to bottom) in the output I get:
(build.date  compile  jsp_transfer prep_app buildnum). Note that the middle
two tasks are flipped. Failing that, putting a number somewhere along the
line, perhaps near the arrow, would be away to tell what order the depends
are specified in the file. I appreciate that you are minimizing the
crossing of lines, but I'd rather have a slight messier graph that gave me
better information...

In a similar way, targets called from within a target are likewise out of
order.

<target name="production" depends="property_file" description="ship it">
   <antcall target="property_file" />
   <antcall target="clean"/>
   <antcall target="app"/>
   <ant antfile="build.xml" dir="${em.test}"/>
   <!-- prepare other targets that we need for a distribution -->
   <antcall target="kdbpm" />
   <antcall target="jarProperties" />
</tagert>

Thanks for a nifty tool, and for listening to my little gripes  - after
all, I guess I'm asking you to do some work so I don't have to think as
hard <grin> !

Dick