I have some problem with ant-reading system properties on windows platform.
I would like to define a set of properties available to many ant scripts.
        1. If I try to run ant script with many -D parameters, it says, "The input
line is too long. The syntax of the command is incorrect." I do not think it
is due to Java, because I manage to run Java with the same parameters.
        2. When I generate the propety file with the command set >
%global.properties% and then run ant with this file, it skips back slashes,
so I lose all directory paths.
        3. When I create the static property file, ant does not understand the
chain property reference, only the first one.
CVSROOT=c:/CVSROOT
MYMAILLOOP_HOME=${CVSROOT}/MyMailloop
CLIENT_HOME=${MYMAILLOOP_HOME}/client
        I would like to hear the expert opinion on all the 3 items. And finally,
what is the  practical solution?