Jython 2.1 works with ANT out of the box if you use

<script language="jpython" .../>

i.e. Use "jypthon" as the language instead of
"jython" or "python".

To answer a previous note, some advantages to using
are that

(1) <script> can read and manipulate your ant
environment.  For example, jython can populate ant
datatypes such as FileSets and FileLists.  Somebody
asked about FTP and mappers recently.  A jython script
might be useful there.

(2) (I haven't verified this, please correct me if I'm
mistaken) <exec> and <java> reload the
jython classes at each invocation.  <script>
loads the jython library into the JVM.  Subsequent
<script>s do not require a reload.

Has anyone created ANT tasks or datatypes using
jython?
I would like to take my jython <script>s and
make them into tasks.  This would help greatly with
parameter passing and reuse.  I'd also like to define
"user" tasks that would be inherited in
<ant> and <antcall>s.

On 09/02/2002 05:54 AM "Koegel, Michael"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote

I use Jython 2.1 with BSF 2.2 and it works fine.

Here's an article explaining how to do it:
http://www.lonsteins.com/articles/jython-bsf.html
You can get a allready patched version here:
http://www.digisprings.com/jython/BSF.html

--MK