I'll have to dig up an old build file from my archives, but passing the cvs
option "-Q" (really quiet) will do what you want.  Note this is a general
option, not a command option, so it has to precede whatever cvs command
you're using.

What I don't recall off the top of my head is the syntax for the CVS ant
task to pull this off.  If you still have trouble, drop me a note and I'll
dig up the syntax.

         Ken