Ant's not that good at this kind of things. You're best bet is to write a
custom task, or use <script>. I'm curious why you need to that though ;-)

--DD

-----Original Message-----
From: Tomas Hulek [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, October 16, 2002 11:07 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: target files depending on directories

Hi,

I have a problems working out how to create a target file in every
directory which meets certiain condition. Does anyone has an idea?

Details:

After compiling all Java classes, I need to create a foo.properties file
for every Java package '*.*.*' in the project (third level package).

The algorithms would normaly be:

1) find all directories which are three levels deeps '*/ */*'

2) create a file named foo.properties in each of those directories (and
possible put something meaningful into it..)

I tried to play with with <foreach>
(http://ant-contrib.sourceforge.net/ant-contrib/), however, the <fileset>
element does not allow me to select directories only...

Tomas