Hello,

Thanks, that was a kick in the right direction.
However, it appears that 'cvs' invoked from
Ant (version 1.5) and 'cvs' invoked from the
command line behave differently.

This works from the command line:

prompt> cvs -n tag -F -R my-tag Foo

This does not work from Ant:

    <cvs
cvsRoot=":pserver:[EMAIL PROTECTED]:/home/cvs/repository"
         command="tag -F -R my-tag Foo"
         failonerror="true"
         noexec="true">
    </cvs>

Note:
-n option prevents cvs from actually making
changes in repository
-r option apparently doesn't work for
tagging (cvs tag -r my-tag Foo).  If I try
that command from the command line I get:

cvs [server aborted]: no such tag my-tag

Any help would be appreciated.  I'd like to
do this tagging from Ant rather than the
shell script...

Thanks,

Otis

---- On Tue, 29 Oct 2002, Detlef Brendle
([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote:

> command isnt correct. Depending on the cvs
version you are using it should
> be:
>
>  cvs tag [-bcdFflR] [-r rev|-D date] tag
[files...]
>   -b      Make the tag a "branch" tag,
allowing concurrent development.
>   -c      Check that working files are
unmodified.
>   -d      Delete the given tag.
>   -F      Move tag if it already exists.
>   -f      Force a head revision match if
tag/date not found.
>   -l      Local directory only, not recursive.
>   -R      Process directories recursively.
>   -r rev  Existing revision/tag.
>   -D      Existing date.

'-r' flag for the tag name.

> detlef

about Foo
>       [cvs] cvs server: nothing known about
> mclass
>       [cvs] cvs [server aborted]: correct
> the above errors first!
>

> I looked through the mailing list archives,
> but didn't find any answers that worked
for me.

<mailto:ant-user-help@;jakarta.apache.org>