XDoclet (version 1.2 - currently at beta 1, soon to be beta 2) does nicer dependency checking than ever before. Are you using that version?

Erik

Sebastien BLANC wrote:
Hello !
I'd like to know if there is a way to perform the following with ant
(haven't found anything in doc): I have tasks in my project generating
code and meta-data (xdoclet for instance) and I'd like these files not
to be regenerated if they were already generated before [and if the
source files for the generation were not modified (as javac does)].
The  'Depend' task does not resolve the pb since it's only removing the
generated files if time stamp between sources and generation verifies a
given order.
What I would have expected is that ant would stop the execution of the
target if the depend task nested into my target did not detect any file
to remove: this way the files would not be regenerated twice.
Let me know if I did miss smthg.
thanx.
seb.