If you are using Ant to compile and deploy your
project (a la Tomcat), then you put your JSP pages
with your html pages, and copy them to the application
server's doc root (or the appropriate directory with
in the application's package structure).
In other words, Ant doesn't need to do anything with
the files except copy them to the server.

Does that help?

=====