good day

background:
i am working on a very large project, that is about to enter the system
testing phase.
this will require the deployment of our application into a QA and a
Production environment.
we have everything in place and ready to go with the QA envrionment.
one HUGE problem with the Production environment: the company I am
working for has classified
ANT as a 'build' tool and thus can NOT be installed on the Production
machine.
we are using ant scripts to deploy to WebSphere Application Server 4.0
on these environments.

therefore, we are attempting to do a REMOTE deployment from the QA box
to the Production box.
inside our deployment we are actually packaging ant (hiding it so to
speak) and are then going to
remotely call the ant deployment scripts from the QA box on the
Production box.
however, the <telnet> task is very archaic in the fact you must
repeatedly send out <read> calls
to make sure the session is active. This makes the particualr process
very cumbersome.

procedure question
the question is: is there anyway to accomplish the remote call of ant
from one machine to another
without the repetitive <read> calls? Is this the best and only way to
accomplish this??

M Damon Hill
Integrator : TURBO/Jets
Valtech Technoloies, Inc.
"Science is built up of facts, as a house is built of stones; but
an accumulation of facts is no more a science than a heap of stones
is a house." - Henri Poincare