A followup to this: this error manifests itself on jvm 1.3.1_01 as the class
just not being found.

In the interm I've fixed the problem.. I added an empty static block to the
problem class, and now don't have any errors :

static
{
        // do nothing.
}

the comment in the code said that it needed to run the class' static
initializer.. is it a must that custom tasks have a static initializer?

thanks,
Roy