From: Dave Rathnow [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, 20 November 2002 10:45 PM
To: 'Ant-User (E-mail)
Subject: JavaDoc question

With all my source code spread across a number different modules, each with
an 'src' directory, how can I generate a complete javadoc tree for all my
sources?  I've been playing around with the javadoc task, but found that if
I try to generate javadoc for individual modules, the index file only
contains the classes for that module--obviously it's trashing the old one
and recreating it.  The only way I've found to generate all the javadoc is
to have a single build script at the top of the directory that uses multiple
package sets.  For example:

       <javadoc destdir="${javadoc.root}"
                 version="true"
                 protected="true"
                 author="true"
                 use="true"
                 doctitle="API Specification."
                 windowtitle="API
                 bottom="Copyright Notice">

            <classpath refid="build.classpath"/>

            <packageset dir="./Frameworks/Moudule1/src" >
                 <include name="com/wmx/**" />
            </packageset>

            <packageset dir="./Frameworks/Module2/src" >
                 <include name="com/wmx/**" />
            </packageset>

            <packageset dir="./Frameworks/Module3/src" >
                 <include name="com/wmx/**" />
            </packageset>

Is there an easier way to do this?

Thanks,