From: John Lindwall [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Saturday, November 30, 2002 7:01 AM
To: 'Ant Users List'
Subject: RE: changing JAVA_HOME dynamically

I've got the same issue!

I've got a top-level build.xml that builds a project that requires jdk 1.3
for compiling.  This works fine.  I'd like this top-level build.xml to
invoke a child build.xml that builds a project that requires jdk 1.4.1 for
compiling.

JAVA_HOME for the build environment is set to the 1.3 JDK so the top-level
build uses 1.3 as expected.  The child build fails since it uses JDK 1.4
features and ant is using JDK 1.3 for the compiles.

How can I force the child build to use JDK 1.4?

Here's the target in the parent build.xml that invokes the child build.xml.

  <target name="build-oe" depends="init" description="Executes the build for
OE" >
    <ant dir="oe" antfile="build.xml" target="build" inheritall="false"  />
  </target>