From: Frank-Michael Moser [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, December 17, 2002 11:05 AM
To: Ant Users List
Subject: Re: ClassFileSet method of loading classes

Aaron Kelley wrote:

> MyClass myclass = MyFactory.create(MyClass.class);
>
> I would think that MyClass should be seen as a dependency (given that
> this line exists in my rootfileset).  So am I using it wrong, or is it
> something else?

When you examine at the bytecode of your (root-)class you will see that
writing

   MyClass.class

is totally equivalent to

   Class.forName("package-of-myclass.MyClass");

In fact, in bytecode it is coded much more near to the latter form, such

that looking the bytecode can't result in finding any dependencies to
MyClass.

Some time ago, when I started to use an obfuscator, I ran into this
obstacle, too.

Frank-Michael