Hmmm, I guess a mapper isn't the right solution then since you aren't starting with an actual "file" to begin with - sorry, wasn't thinking it through on my first reply. I'm assuming that the .class file is in the filesystem and not in a JAR though, right? Otherwise you'll want to use <unjar> first and then perhaps <script> to do the string replacements.

Erik