Pardon what must be a newbie question; I'm new to this.

I provide MD5 checksums within the download page for the Java+ Preprocessor (http://virtualschool.edu/java+). I've been editing them in manually but would like to automatate this step.

I understand I can write this in index.html

and filtering will patch it in

<filter token="md5.bin" value="..."/>

But how do I get the output of running md5 on this file into the ... above?

PS: I know about the <checksum> in the latest release. I want to stick with 1.4.x for the nonce, and besides, <checksum> puts it in a file which leaves me where I started.
--

Brad Cox, PhD; [EMAIL PROTECTED] 703 361 4751 http://virtualschool.edu
 For industrial age goods there were checks and credit cards.