I am looking for a synchronize task for ant (for synchronizing files/and or
directories without requiring using copy, since that copies possibly unneeded files).

I see someone has looked for one before, but didn't find one, in the mailing list
history.  Has anyone written one since?

If I go off to write it myself, does anyone have any code they could share that may
get me started?

These seems like it should be a pretty basic operation that has already been
implemented over and over again elsewhere...

Thanks,

Dan