I'm having the same issue on Windows ME (see the post about four emails before yours)
and I tried the same thing and had the same result. It seems to me that 98 and ME have
quite the amount in common. This is a huge issue for me as I build everything in ant
these days. I'm even converting my website over to XML/XSL/XSLT and ant!

Simon