From: "Steve Loughran" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Ant Users List" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: copy problem
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2003 10:01:42 -0800

----- Original Message -----
From: "Paul Hunnisett" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Wednesday, January 29, 2003 08:24

> OK - thanks for all your help. I have now got it working, but am very
> confused as to why it wasn't working in the first place. One of the
> arguments that I was passing into Java2WSDL was wrong. The WSDL was being
> generated and was correctly formed - but would not have actually worked.
> When I fixed this - my copy worked perfectly. Why ant should care about
the
> validity of my wsdl is beyond me - there were no errors and nor should
there
> have been until I tried to use the WSDL.

maybe the WSDL wasnt being regenerated, so the old copy was hanging around.

Possibly - although I think I first did the copy at the same time as generating the wsdl for the first time - and the copy didn't work then. The wsdl was definately generated at least once.

Also,
(a) there is a <axisjava2wsdl> task with axis
(b) it is somewhat dangerous to drive your WSDL from your Java; better to
write the wsdl and then <axiswsdl2java> it do java.
We are using all of this in the context of Grid Service (as opposed to web services) and the architecture lends itself much more to the use of java2wsdl than the other way around. Out of interest, why do you say that it is dangerous to drive the WSDL from the Java?