On 05/10/2015 15:25, Sander Steffann wrote:
Hi,

Op 5 okt. 2015, om 15:34 heeft James Gannon <ja...@cyberinvasion.net> het
volgende geschreven:

Personally I find this email to be entirely non-sensical, your specific
dealings with cloudflare or other vendors are in my opinion not relevant
discourse, but instead of ccing the WG on these why not write up your issues
and suggestions into a constructive email for the WG to discuss. Ccing a WG on
an abuse complaint doesn’t serve any constructive means that I can see.

Indeed. This is a *working group*, not a place to dump complaints about certain
companies. I understand that the behaviour regarding network abuse of some
companies can be extremely frustrating. But what we should work on here is how
we can deal with abuse and maybe even try to find a way to convince those
companies that they should prevent abuse. This is a working group, we should
work towards a solution.

I think this thread is far away from the stated aims of the AA-WG at this point and I would echo James and Sander's comments.

We absolutely welcome discussions around abuse issues, suggestions of action, policy proposals and a lot more, but there is no merit to copying the group on every abuse complaint as there is nothing the working group nor the NCC can do, unless policies are changed.

There is a clearly stated mechanism for doing this, there are working group co-chairs here to help you with this, so please, get in contact, set out what you would like to achieve and we can work on it. No promises, obviously, because that is what the Policy Development Process is for, but it is, at least, a start.

Thanks,

Brian
Co-Chair, RIPE Anti-Abuse WG