> I believe most prefixes are registered in NTTCOM

so you too voted with yout feet

>> unfortunately, the answer for many operators is NO.  they voted with
>> their feet.  you can say what they SHOULD do.  my family has a lot of
>> jokes about how the world should be.
> I don't know why you say this.

i suggest you measure the number of prefix allocations in the arin
region which are in the arin irr.

> Does "many operators expressed opinion with their feet" mean that thus
> "many other operators" should not produce or consume IRR data?

no.  i meant they did not choose to register in the irr of the rir from
which they got the space.  ripe region is unusual in a very positive
way.  do not induce to other regions.

> Please approach me off-list should you have any further NTT specific
> questions.

i have better sources :)

> Randy, your assertation that RIR's IRR are not relevant has been
> noted.

but that was not my assertion.  my point is that, in other regions, a
large portion of the space allocated by the rir is not registered in the
irr provided by the rir.

the ripe region is an outlier.  and in a good way.  we should not induce
to other regions without measurement and can not tell operators there
how to run or register their networks.

randy