On Thu, 16 Feb 2017 14:40:02 +0000
"Sascha Luck [ml]" <a...@c4inet.net> wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 16, 2017 at 01:05:19PM +0000, Brian Nisbet wrote:
> >This morning Tobias and I asked the NCC to take the very unusual
> >step, effectively immediately, of removing the person behind
> >sv...@xs4all.nl from the Anti-Abuse WG mailing list. This was
> >not done lightly, rather it was done to safeguard this
> >community.
> Safeguard it from what? Non-approved opinions? Please note that,
> as a notional member of said community, I was not asked whether I
> wanted to be "safeguarded". Thank you, Daddy, for looking out for
> my well-being but I'm old enough to look after that myself...

speak for yourself! I am still young and beautiful :)

> >It is not a place to insult, to decry, to repeatedly state the
> >same point over and over
> While I agree, there are some others guilty of that, viz. the
> repeated accusation that ISPs (and the RIPE NCC)  are criminals
> (or at least in league with such) etc. Seemingly, they have yet
> to be banned from this list.
> >or to discriminate against other members of the community based
> >on their race, creed, gender or sexual preferences.
> A quick browse (and thanks for making me have to do that)through
> the relevant contributions has not thrown up any obvious evidence
> of any such statements. If you have any that I might have missed,
> I'd like to see it. Otherwise, I think, an apology for what
> certainly reads like a gratuitious accusation is more than
> appropriate.
> >If we cannot maintain a list upon which reasonable discussion
> >can take place, then it leaves our community in a weakened
> >state.
> Agreed. So, if censorship be it, please remove all the other
> trolls, including their sockpuppets, from this list. I suspect it
> will be a very quiet one after that and perhaps deservedly so.
> If nobody is to be allowed to ridicule or criticise the "other"
> side - and the contributor has a valid point, however annoyingly
> presented, it is not a "community" but a "cult".
> Kind Regards,
> Sascha Luck

mostly +1 buuut... well... i like being on a list with the ilk of Gert
& Suresh & the dudes with seriosu abuse skillz :)
- even if we are to be a cult :)

please tell me about the alleged sockpuppet(s) - seriously (no trolling)
i have sneaky suspicions, but, well, nothing concrete...

For the rest, I am filled with FUD and each character typed results in
an adjustment of tinfoil... - wondering what I am guilty of (cause I am
always guilty of something - even if only of being ignorant of my own
ignorance :) )

beFUDded

ooh, if we are a cult, please do not kick me out... i have always wanted
to be in a cult! - so are we a cult or no?

Andre