Subject:        [ripe-list] Network security and Brussels
Date:   Thu, 14 Sep 2017 11:19:53 +0200
From:   Gordon Lennox <gordon.lennox...@gmail.com>
To:     ripe-l...@ripe.net

The Commission has just published a little bunch of things on security.

As a very simple guide: a “Communication” is about what could happen,
a “Report” is about what has happened and the “Regulation” is about
changing ENISA.

A lot of reading! Too much? But of interest to various WGs, including of
course the Cooperation WG and the new IoT community?

So:

A COMMUNICATION from the Commission to the European Parliament and the
Council. Making the most of NIS – towards the effective implementation
of Directive (EU) 2016/1148 concerning measures for a high common level
of security of network and information systems across the Union
https://ec.europa.eu/transparency/regdoc/rep/1/2017/EN/COM-2017-476-F1-EN-MAIN-PART-1.PDF
https://ec.europa.eu/transparency/regdoc/rep/1/2017/EN/COM-2017-476-F1-EN-ANNEX-1-PART-1.PDF

A REPORT from the Commission to the European Parliament and the
Council assessing the extent to which member states have taken the
necessary measures to comply with Directive 2013/40/EU on attacks
against information systems and replacing Council Framework Decision
2005/222/JHA
https://ec.europa.eu/transparency/regdoc/rep/1/2017/EN/COM-2017-474-F1-EN-MAIN-PART-1.PDF

A REPORT from the Commission to the European Parliament and the Council
on the evaluation of the European Union Agency for Network
and Information Security (ENISA)
https://ec.europa.eu/transparency/regdoc/rep/1/2017/EN/COM-2017-478-F1-EN-MAIN-PART-1.PDF

A Proposal for a REGULATION of the European Parliament and of the
Council on ENISA, the "EU Cybersecurity Agency", and repealing
Regulation (EU) 526/2013, and on Information and Communication
Technology cybersecurity certification (''Cybersecurity Act'')
https://ec.europa.eu/transparency/regdoc/rep/1/2017/EN/COM-2017-477-F1-EN-MAIN-PART-1.PDF

Gordon