Agreed

It's good to see that there is progress on this.

Regards

Michele

--
Mr Michele Neylon
Blacknight Solutions

On 08/03/2019, 04:40, "anti-abuse-wg on behalf of Ronald F. Guilmette"
<anti-abuse-wg-boun...@ripe.net on behalf of r...@tristatelogic.com> wrote:

    In message <ddb2ba1a-63af-9a1e-fa2c-cc8484ec6...@ripe.net>,
    Marco Schmidt <mschm...@ripe.net> wrote:

    >We are planning to publish an updated timeline soon.
    >
    >Ultimately, our implementation will depend of the level of cooperation
    >we get from LIRs and the nature of issues that need to be fixed before
    >an abuse contact can be updated (for example, some organisations may
    >need to reset their maintainer password).
    >
    >Over the next few weeks we will be analysing our progress, to make a
    >realistic estimation. From observations so far, we think we might be
    >able to finish our initial validation of all abuse contacts within six
    >months - but it is still too early to make any strong predictions.

    Thanks again for the additional information.

    I'm sure that you face many challenges, given that this project is
    dependent upon so many vagaries, and upon the active cooperation
    of so many individuals and companies.  But it is my sincere hope that
    this can be made to take less than 6 months.

    It seems that there are really two parts here, i.e. (1) identifying all
    of the broken contact addresses and then (b) attempting to get as many
    of those fixed as possible.  The latter part may last indefinitely.
    The former however should be amenable to completion on a very short
    time scale.

    I would encourage you to seek to find out what is broken, as expeditiously
    as possible, and to then publish those findings for all to see.  Such
    publication could have multiple useful knock-on effects.

    Regards,
    rfg