Hi,

On Fri, 5 Apr 2019, Sascha Luck [ml] wrote:

(...)
And who would be doing that regulation?
- some EC org (service region goes way beyond EU...)

We will see this "EU Internet Regulator" within the term of the
next EU Commission / EUPARL. The (probably) next commisssion
president Manfred Weber has committed to this: http://www.spiegel.de/politik/ausland/manfred-weber-das-internet-muss-europaeischer-werden-a-1260900.html
(Sorry, it's in German. There is no other source I can find)

Now, this will happen whether 2019-03 passes or not, the question
is will they leave resource management alone, because it works,
or will it transfer into the domain of this regulator?

"Will _try_ to transfer." -- again, the service region is wider...

Imho, that will also depend on this regulator's f-u-n-d-i-n-g model.

Or are we supposed to see the uprising of a "FIR" (EU Federal Internet Registry), building on the NIR concept...? :-)

As for the service region, the EU cares only about the EU.
Whatever happens to the rest of the SR is not their concern.

Splitting the service region in two (EU and non-EU) sounds a bit impractical... :-)

Regards,
Carlos

rgds,
SL