In message
<db7pr06mb564352d2252ffbe9dcca3ddf94...@db7pr06mb5643.eurprd06.prod.outlook.com>,
Brian Nisbet <brian.nis...@heanet.ie> wrote:

>... but there is no step where the General Meeting is asked to
>vote on a policy, it's all done by consensus in the Working Groups.

Well, I honestly didn't know that, and frankly it comes as a bit of
a shock to me.

Given what you've just said, I don't think that it would be accurate
to say that I am an uneuqivocal supporter of the present -process-
for adopting RIPE policy proposals.  In fact, quite the contrary.
My hope would be that if working group `X' endorses some policy which
could potentially have far ranging implications for the whole membership
then -all- of the parties affected should have some voice in the policy
adoption process.  And if that is not currently how things work, then
it is, in my estimation, sub-optimal.

But this is hardly the first or only instance when I have some quibble
with how things are done in RIPEland.  So please just consider it as
one more log on the fire, as far as I personally am concerned.

Anyway, thanks for the clarification Brian.

Regards,
rfg