Hi,

On Fri, 19 Apr 2019, ac wrote:

(...)
But anyway: the point that Randy is making that this policy is neither
common sense, nor effective in reducing abuse.  So it's not the way
to go.

so you are taking it upon yourself to attach your own opinion by
commenting on how you interpret the point(s) Randy is making?

how rude and presumptuous of yourself.

it seems many people (including myself) are rude, obnoxious, not
tolerant as well as very impolite and "unconsiderate"

Please let's not start with that...
(disclaimer: i value Gert's opinion on any Internet related subject as much as i value Randy's)

Anyway, to add my own interpretation, seeing as this is what we are now
reduced to, I am understanding that Randy is pointing out that when
2019-03 moves forward, this is common sense and not a "slippery slope"

It wasn't clear enough for me too at first, but i now clearly know that Randy objects 2019-03 (i.e. the potential "police state" and less energy in routing security).

*sigh* - this is one of the most commented on and longest suffering
thread(s) ever. It seems there are vested interests in ensuring that
RIPE does not exercise any administrative (or limited) authority and
only acts as a 'sort of' loose record or some sort of index of who may
possibly or potentially be assigned which public resources...

i.e. "land registry" has already been mentioned. Which is something i completely disagree, because, i don't see a (real) land registry as a member association, and having a role to actually distribute land -- among other details...

I just wish to add the one thing that I have not yet seen in the
thread(s):

I would propose that should RIR not act with administrative authority
we can expect world governments to legislate as chaos is not in the
best interests of civil society.

I'm not sure if that is the case for all governments in the world, but yes, i think that without enough self-regulation, some jurisdictions may perceive that more legislation is needed... so yes, i also see that risk.

Even from the individual perspective of an average Internet user, it could be hard to understand how resource hijackers are tolerated by the very same organisations that have administrative powers over said resources.

Regards,
Carlos

Andre