On Thu, 18 Jul 2019 09:02:01 +0200
Sebastian Wiesinger <sebast...@karotte.org> wrote:
> * ac <a...@main.me> [2019-07-18 08:29]:
> > It is about: "evaluating and improving the accuracy of blacklists."
> > The entire post is arrogant, obnoxious, offensive and inaccurate
> > and is an oxymoron.
>
> Tbh the only mails I get this vibe from in this thread are yours.
> Could you tune it down a bit? There is no reason to be this
> aggressive. It seems this is legitimate research and if you do not
> agree with it don't take the survey.

You are correct of course. I am angry now that it is clear that it is
not a joke.

And; still assuming that we are talking about email "blacklists" and
not routing "blacklists" - routing blacklists are always DROP, but
there has been a shift in "free" tech...

here is the crux:

Most of ALL of us that are not Microsoft or Google (the minority)

Use "blacklists" for reputational scoring now (and not for 'drop')

Since we started doing that, much of the non private anti abuse tech
(in use by Microsoft and Google) has seen their emails to us, ending
up in SPAM boxes... - We have seen our spam drop off as this
reputational scoring use for blacklists, work!

So, now this...

And, yes there is a lot of legit research in the world, mostly paid for
by whomever has whatever agenda. for example pork farmers paying for
research to show that pork meat has less cholesterol

I am just becoming tired of the angles big tech works to dominate.

Already Microsoft and Google relays most of the email on the planet.

they also need to get off ipv4 as they know on ipv6 we have to
"whitelist" them.... and then all of us also has to expand our use of
less private communication inspection and content analysis...

RIPE already accepts whitelist ipv6 from Google, for example...
anyway.... Ongoing battle and most people do not even see the angles

Mostly, what makes me very angry is the audacity and then the
"anonymous" and I can already see the "findings" of this research...
based on random anonymous, hidden and secret inputs....

so, sorry for my aggression. I guess big tech, up and coming (well
funded new tech), cyber crime and all the other abuse relatives just
get to me sometimes.

Andre